⥤⥤ Employment Opportunities ⥢⥢
Seasonal Farm Crew (all crew positions are filled for 2018)
We are hiring for seasonal vegetable crew member positions for the 2018 growing season. This position will start in May and go until October. Applicants must be able to commit to the full growing season. Compensation includes $10/hour plus housing, produce, and staff discounts on meat and dairy products.
- Previous organic vegetable production experience preferred, but not required. Candidate without farming experience must have previous experience with other forms of physically demanding work.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive attitude and consistent work flow in all weather conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience living and working with others in a farm setting preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs regularly and perform a variety of tasks efficiently and consistently
- Comfortable engaging farm guests and community members
- Ability to visit the farm for a working interview preferred. Accommodations will be provided.
Regular responsibilities will include: seeding, watering, weeding, planting, harvesting, bed preparation, sales at markets, washing and packing orders, livestock chores, cleaning bins and maintaining work spaces. Potential for additional winter work beyond the summer growing season.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com
The Turner Farm strives to provide equal opportunity to all employees. The Farm's policy is not to discriminate in employment based on race, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran or military status or any other status protected under applicable local, state or federal law.